School District Planning Software and Services
Planware, a division of Educational Data Systems, provides educational planning services and software based on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology.
We understand that planning for the needs of a school district can be an enormous task. Planning requires an intricate understanding of what is going on at all levels within the district, including the mechanics and dynamics of how the district works in its entirety. It also requires an in-depth understanding of the student populations and facilities of all your schools. Planning decisions can affect thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of people and millions of dollars. We understand the magnitude of this responsibility and are happy to support you in your planning journey.
Our software and services support school district planning five ways:
- ONPASS Pro software for boundary and school demographic planning
- LocateMySchool Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Boundary planning services
- Enrollment forecasting studies
- GIS services, including custom maps, geocoding, and custom studies
Our experience, technical expertise, and software help get your very important and highly specialized planning jobs done—helping to free up time so that school district staff can focus on other tasks to support student success.
“When school starts in the fall, do I take my kindergartener to School A or School F?” “What high school will my junior high student go to next year?” “Will my child attend the new school that is being built?” “If we move into the district, what schools will my children attend and how far will they have to travel to get to school?” These types of questions will be asked thousands of times over the course of a school year. Clarify borders and school coverage with our web-based mapping service. LocateMySchool is a user-friendly online resource that shows parents, students, and school staff the information they need on school assignments and locations by enabling them to identify specific school assignments for any street address in the community.
Do any of the following situations sound familiar to you?
- Because of declining enrollments, you must close a school and you know it will affect your entire community.
- In order to comply with new policies on walking/riding to school, you need to change school boundaries and assign some students to different schools.
- After a ten-year hold, the housing development on the south side is finally being built, but now you have 315 new homes in your district and you are certain to see an increase in student population in the middle of the school year.
Enrollment Forecasting Services
“Student enrollment projections are perhaps one of the most talked about yet least understood components of school district planning, but every district has to prepare its projection in some way for hiring teachers and assigning classrooms for the coming year.” (K.D. Carey, School District Master Planning, p.55)
Transform complex district planning and demographic data into actionable insights. Our enrollment forecasting service help districts make better decisions while optimizing resources.
Planware has been helping educational institutions utilize GIS technology for decades. In that time, we’ve uncovered many uses of GIS that don’t always fit neatly into the confines of Boundary Planning or Enrollment Forecasting. Some of those include:
- Geocoding students
- Statistical reports
- Demographic studies
- Interactive visual database