Nebraska Statewide Assessment Program
In February 2017, we collaborated with Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) and their purpose of meeting the unique and growing needs in educational assessment and data collection for grades pre-K through 12 in Nebraska. NWEA has over 40 years of experience in providing innovative assessment solutions. Their online assessments and services are used in more than 8,500 schools and districts that serve 9 million students worldwide in grades pre-K through 12. Our partnership has allowed both companies to meet the variety of needs required by state departments of education in large-scale assessments.
On May 8, 2017, the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) awarded NWEA the statewide Reading and Math (grades 3 through 8) and Science (grades 5 and 8) Assessments contract, which will take place from 2017–18 through 2021–22. The assessments include approximately 245 districts and 1,200 schools; include approximately 135,000 students (approximately 5 percent of those students are assessed with paper versions); are comprised of online and paper assessments; and are available in English, Spanish, Braille, and Large-Print versions.
Our role as a subcontractor within the contract is to perform the following tasks as they pertain to Nebraska’s paper-based assessments:
- Printing test books and ancillary materials
- Preprinting scannable documents with student demographic information
- Providing a secure Web-based platform that integrates with NWEA’s platforms, providing a seamless experience for test administrators to manage order materials and track shipments
- Packing and distributing test materials to school districts
- Retrieving, counting, and processing all documents
- Scanning and scoring paper-based assessments
- Printing and distributing paper reports for all student results
- Compiling data for technical reporting
- Providing secure storage and destruction of all paper materials